Monday, March 12, 2012

Peanut Butter Toast with Cottage Cheese

Ok, please don't think I'm weird for this one.  This yummy snack goes back to my college days when I was needing to satisfy my peanut butter craving yet in a healthy option!  I loved this as a go to snack time after time!  And I have plenty of friends always asking what I eat to snack on.  To be honest this is a snack, re-born again.  And it depends if I'm strict paleo or not.  And apparently this day, I was not :)  But enjoy!
Just pop a piece of whole wheat toast (my FAVORITE  honey whole wheat bread is from Aspen Mills, which I get from Rosehill Dairy.  The bakery is actually down in Ogden though)  My husband whines every time we run out and we have to use a store brand.  
Then spread your favorite peanut butter or almond butter and top with a Low Fat Cottage Cheese.  It's as easy as that!!!
  

1 comment:

  1. You're not weird! I've been eating this, often as a breakfast, for more than 50 years. I was first given it by a Lithuanian lady who lived in the upstairs apartment when I was 5 or so, and it became my instant favorite.

    ReplyDelete